Develop Your Mission-Related Investing Skills as a Confluence Practitioner
Membership to the Practitioners' Program is open to organizations and individuals who seek to deepen their practice in mission-related investing (MRI) by working collaboratively and strategically with other grantmakers. Practitioners have general clarity about their MRI goals alongside organizational support, or a strong personal commitment, for their objectives.
Why Join the Practitioners Program?
In addition to the
services offered through Basic Membership, Practitioners benefit from the
enhanced services and engagement provided by increased membership.
Practitioners look to join in a peer-to-peer community through which they
can share knowledge, construct ideas, deepen best practices, and foster
Practitioners Program Goals
- To build a community of
experienced practitioners in mission-related investing
- To increase the capacity
of Confluence practitioners through technical assistance, peer-to-peer
learning, and collaboration
- To accelerate the field of
mission-related investing by fostering systemic thinking, effective
partnerships, and innovation within philanthropy
Practitioners are eligible to all the benefits of Basic Membership, and:
- Free registration in the Annual Practitioners’ Meeting for one foundation member and discounted participation for additional representatives
- A community of practice that:
- Shares costs in building and maintaining collaborative funds
- Participates in member initiated projects, working groups and learning cohorts:
- MRI in Sustainable Fisheries and Food Systems Working Group
- Water Investors Working Group
- Proxy Power: Proxy Voting and Shareholder Engagement
- Southwest Native Green Fund: Collaborative PRI Fund
- Others to be created by members!
- Invitations to Practitioner-level learning and strategy meetings
- Full access to the Confluence Membership Website
- Priority to Confluence staffing and services
- Priority to Confluence events
- Full access to Advisors Bay, our online peer-referred database showcasing the top financial advisors, intermediaries, consultants, and asset managers in impact investing
- Discounted participation to the Next Gen Leadership Program for Trustees under 35 years of age
- Networking opportunities to serve as spokespersons for the field at Confluence co-sponsored events
- Membership discounts to investors’ events and consultants’ resources (when available)
Become a Member of the Practitioners' Program!
Participation in the Practitioners' Program is based on a sliding scale by organizational asset size. Foundations and individual donors are welcome to apply for membership by contacting CEO, Dana Lanza. The Board reviews applications quarterly and membership is by the Confluence Board's approval.
Please contact us to learn more about the program and to discuss whether membership is right for you.